background

Wednesday 20 April 2011

More sewing done :)

I have been busy this month :) I made some little bags with the left over squares I brought ready cut from Ebay last year (before I had my rotary cutter). They are ideal for hanging on my pegs I made :) I use them to keep my sewing machine feet and the kit that came with it in as I used to spend ages hunting for them. I am so in love with rose fabric at the moment :) these I brought of ebay. The striped fabric was listed as seconds, the seller said there was some colour bleed but Ive yet to find it.
The top fabric is another Amelie bag :) and I still have loads left to put into my shabby rose quilt.


The fabric (Ive just found out is Robert Kaufman Mary Rose Paris collection so Im going to keep looking out for more :) My 3rd Amilie bag made with the rose fabric and some bargain Laura Ashley cream fabric (5 meters for £8.99)


I lined the front pocket with larger roses so when you look inside its not just plain.

The inside pockets are more of the larger rose fabric and the same fabric I used on the front.

I decided the pink zip was better than the cream one I had and Im getting better at putting a zip pocket in now lol.

This is my cushion I made but I still have not mastered the art of hidden zips, oh well I will keep practiceing lol. It is only for me so I dont mind that its not perfect :)


Im not sure when this rose fetish of mine will wear off but for now Im loving it :) :)
















4 comments:

  1. That fabric is beautiful, you have done a brilliant job of that bag, I must make a bag soon have inspired me!
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely summer bag.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is lovely! I love the rose fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Specially love the cushion, well done!

    ReplyDelete