background

Tuesday 1 June 2010

My quilt :)

I am so proud of this quilt, not only because it only took the bank holiday weekend to complete but it is the second time I have attempted patchwork (the 1st was my mum's mothers day cushion cover).
It was not that hard to do and I enjoyed doing it so much Im now planning loads more lol.

I love the squares I brought from Carols patchwork and quilting shop on Ebay (she has loads of wonderful squares) I also had the 2oz wadding from Ebay and the large white cotton sheet was from a charity shop.


I had a problem trying to work out how to put it together but the good old internet soon helped :) I found a site that helped with mitered corners (Amy's Creative Side blog) http://www.amyscreativeside.com/2009/04/tutorial-mitered-corners.html

I machine sewed around the edge of the squares and I will (today) put some stitches in the corners of the squares to keep the wadding secure.

2 comments:

  1. That is really pretty, and the fabrics you have used are great together! I am yet to attempt a quilt but it is on the list of things to do.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this!! The colours are fantastic. I wouldnt even consider attempting something like this. Brilliant!!

    - PootleFlump x

    (Not sure if Ive posted a message twice as my computer crashed! Oops. x)

    ReplyDelete